From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: using unstable gentoo-sources
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 04:02:42
1 On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 00:59:16 -0600
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > »Q« wrote:
5
6 > > I've never used any unstable build for the kernel, and once a>=3.2.1
7 > > kernel goes stable, I'll stick with stable again. But in the
8 > > meantime, is there anything I should watch out for or keep in mind?
9 >
10 > I have used unstable kernels lots of times. If everything works,
11 > then it works. If you upgrade and something isn't working or is
12 > fishy, then go back to the stable one. This is why I keep a known
13 > working kernel and a newer version in /boot at all times. I always
14 > have two versions and at times have as many as a dozen.
15 >
16 > Oh, have entries in grub for both too.
17 >
18 > That help any?
19
20 Yep, thanks. If you can do it I can do it, I hope. :)