From: "Paulo J. Matos" <pocmatos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: GCC 4.1.1 unable to compile kdelibs due to missing libstdc++
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 17:23:32
1 On 02/06/06, Sven Köhler <skoehler@×××.de> wrote:
2 > >> (But i have to tell you, that even if you recompiled all the packages,
3 > >> some *.la files will remain. They don't get unmerged due to some bugs.
4 > >> Just rerun revdep-rebuild to discover them, and remove them my hand.)
5 > >
6 > > It is usually because you have run fix_libtool_files.sh at some point,
7 > > which modified the files. Since they no longer match the digest
8 > > information from when the package was merged, portage doesn't remove them
9 > > when it unmerges the package.
10 >
11 > I know, and that is not "normal" - it is a bug.
12 >
13 > The *.la" files have to be fixed - that's the "normal" part - but that
14 > they don't get unmerged? That's not normal and the tool that fixes the
15 > *.la files has to be fixed.
16 >
17 > But i already talked about that on gentoo-devel. And it seems, they are
18 > about to fix that.
22 OK, thanks I'll try revdep-rebuild with gentoolkit 0.2.2.
23
24 Cheers,
25
26 Paulo Matos
33 Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
34 Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm
35 Computer and Software Engineering
36 INESC-ID - SAT Group
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list