From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] new machine : a few small queries
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 00:30:45
1 I've got my new machine basically habitable with a few small problems.
2
3 (1) In Fluxbox, Gkrellm insists on starting on Desktop 1 ;
4 on my existing machine with the same config files, it starts on Desktop 8 .
5 There must be some setting somewhere which has got changed.
6
7 (2) Luxi Mono is not coming out cleanly in Gvim or (Xfce) Terminal :
8 IIRC there's a pkg or a setting somewhere to fix it,
9 but I can't find it in my extensive notes from the past.
10
11 (3) I have 4 heat sensors in Gkrellm : 'k10temp' + 3 * 'it87'.
12 Can anyone suggest which bit of which device each is measuring ?
13
14 The AMD Bulldozer X4 FX-4170 4-Core 4,2 GHz is taking c 3/8 as long
15 to compile eg Firefox or GCC as this machine's Intel Core2 Duo ;
16 they also seem to be using less Portage tempspace on disk.
17 The variable-rate fan is very impressive, ranging 2200 - 6800 rpm .
21 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
22 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
23 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca