From: Wayn0 <wayn0.ml@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Laptop weirdness
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:10:44
1 Hi Guys/Girls,
2
3 I have gentoo running on a few machines and recently bumped into a
4 strange issue, with one of my laptops.
5
6 I have an Acer travelmate laptop that until about a few ago was running
7 the factory installed Windows XP with no problem. I installed gentoo on
8 it all went smoothly (done this a few times) and every done everything I
9 usually do.
10
11 However when running the laptop (X or Console) it's very unresponsive.
12 I will type a command and the text will slowly start appearing on the
13 screen about a second or two later. In X the Gnome UI will lock up
14 completely for seconds/mins. Obviously this is far worse when doing a
15 sync or a merge.
16
17 I have not had much time to dedicate to this machine and it's been like
18 that for some time now :-( I would appreciate any suggestions.
19
20 Things I have tried include building a completely new kernel (new
21 version, new config) and rebuilding the entire system.
22
23 Thanx,
24
25 Wayn0