From: Edgar Contreras <edgar.ricardo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternatives to audacious?
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 21:18:54
1 I just downloaded myself and compiled it.... I couldn't find a replacement ....
2
3 On 6/4/07, Denis <denis.che@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > What are some alternatives to Audacious mp3/CD player? I really liked
5 > the old XMMS and used it right up until it was taken off portage.
6 > Audacious seems to resemble XMMS closely enough, but it seems more
7 > fragile. I have it working well on one gentoo box, but on this box, I
8 > am just having no luck getting it to run without errors (won't read
9 > audio CD, master volume control is not functional, playlist errors on
10 > start-up... ) I'm looking for something with a GUI rather than a
11 > command-line player.
12 >
13 > Thanks.
14 > --