From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SHOULD BE gnome-settings daemon failed]
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 20:21:15
1 On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 14:33 -0500, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > A week ago I got in a 1 TB external hard drive. I set it up for use
4 > > with MythTV. It worked fine. So now I wanted to turn the old myth
5 > > partition into my /home filesystem. I reformatted it (mke2fs
6 > > -j /dev/sda6), I mounted it on /mnt/floppy and moved my directories
7 > > in /home over to it, then unmounted it, mounted it on /home and logged
8 > > in. Now almost every time I do anything I get a notice saying that
9 > > gnome-settings-daemon has crashed. I don't even kwow if it will let me
10 > > send this email, but I've attached the bug report. Please somebody help
11 > > me!
12 >
13 > Were you logged in as a user when you moved the /home directories?
14 > Maybe there were some open files that got messed up...
17 I logged out of gnome, shut down xdm, and then logged in as root to
18 move /home.