From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ATI X trouble, again
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 15:34:11
1 On 10/23/2009 03:15 PM, Alex Schuster wrote:
2 >
3 > I did not try ati-drivers. Her card is a RV505 (Radeon X1550 Series) which
4 > is no longer supported by current ati-drivers. Older drivers might still
5 > work for a while, but only with kernels< 2.6.29. And I suspect the problem
6 > is not the driver itself, because radeon does not work, too, and I also had
7 > similar problems of a blank screen with an ATI card and different drivers.
8
9 For the radeon X driver (which *is* the best choice for the X1000
10 series) make sure you also have radeon in-kernel support enabled.