From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] whats up with eselect-opengl?
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 18:53:22
1 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Hi. In my latest world update, eselect-opengl had a new version with
3 > very bad consequences -- it uninstalled the X server, and all drivers
4 > were gone. I am using the nvidia drivers and they seemed to be
5 > installed, but they did not work even after reinstalling the server, but
6 > after downgrading eselect-opengl back to 1.27, mesa and glproto (may
7 > have slightly wrong name), things are back to normal, but what the heck
8 > is happening? I saw nothing in bgo, but we had a thread on here a while
9 > ago, but even that thread didn't say the the server would be
10 > uninstalled.
11 >
12 > Any ideas? Are they going to fix? I have masked things off for now.
15 I'm not sure if it will help or not but here is some info from mine:
16
17 root@fireball / # equery list eselect xorg-server nvidia-drivers
18 * Searching for eselect ...
19 [IP-] [ ] app-admin/eselect-1.4.3:0
20
21 * Searching for xorg-server ...
22 [IP-] [ ] x11-base/xorg-server-1.16.3-r1:0/1.16.1
23
24 * Searching for nvidia-drivers ...
25 [IP-] [ ] x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-340.76:0
26 root@fireball / # eselect opengl list
27 Available OpenGL implementations:
28 [1] nvidia *
29 [2] xorg-x11
30 root@fireball / #
31
32 I use KDE, fluxbox as a backup, and no issues, yet. I just may need
33 more time to find it tho. lol
34
35 Oh, I recall that when I rebuild mesa, I have to set opengl to use the
36 xorg version instead of nvidia. After the update is done, I can switch
37 it back. May not be related but if it is the only straw you have, grab
38 it and see.
39
40 Dale
41