From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dell XPS M1710 and Sound
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:10:10
1 On Sunday 17 June 2007 18:36, Colleen Beamer wrote:
2
3 > I'm having a heck of a time getting sound to work on my Dell XPS M1710.
4 >
5 > A while back, when I was first setting the laptop of with Gentoo, C. Lee
6 > Davis sent me a link on how he configured his system with Alsa. Well, I
7 > followed that both with Alsa compiled into the kernel and using
8 > alsa-driver. I've googled this and didn't come up with anything that
9 > was similar to my problem. dmesg shows no errors. Sound is not muted.
10 >
11 > On my *desktop* system, Alsa works fine - different sound chipset. The
12 > *laptop* soundcard is an hda-intel.
13 [snip]
14 > On the *laptop*, Kmix shows only the following items for output:
15 > Master
16 > PCM
17 > Capture Mux
18
19 I don't have this card so I am not sure what it should show. Assuming that
20 you have compiled CONFIG_SND_HDA_INTEL in your kernel or as a module and
21 perhaps CONFIG_SND_AC97_CODEC, then what does this show?
22
23 $ alsamixer -V all
24 --
25 Regards,