From: Alexander Kirillov <nevis2us@××××××××.su>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox 1.5 CPU usage - is it normal?
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 19:50:47
1 > I updated today to FF 1.5.0.4 x86 stable.
2 > I noticed that it seems to eat MUCH more cpu than 1.0.x ; in particular
3 > when scrolling pages or the bookmarks the cpu usage rockets to >90%, and
4 > scrolling becomes not fluid. It also tends to get stuck when loading
5 > pages and the like.
6 >
7 > Is it normal behaviour? I looked in the forums but I found nothing.
8
9 Pango is enabled by default in Firefox 1.5.
10 export MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO=1 and try again.
11 There's been a thread in the forums lately:
12 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-460383-highlight-mozdisablepango.html
13
14 HTH,
15 Sasha