From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Bouncing Messages
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 21:04:29
1 On 2018-03-01 14:42, R0b0t1 wrote:
2
3 > I keep getting emails from the mailer daemon about bouncing messages.
4 > I am worried. Am I missing messages from my internet friends? Please
5 > send help.
6
7 Do you mean the crud from outlook/365? I get that too; it's probably
8 because my list mail lacks DKIM sigs (intentionally so). But whatever
9 the reason it's horrifying brain damage on their part to send the
10 bounces to _me_ rather than the envelope sender which is the bounce
11 address of the list. Micro$oft may have softened from the 90s but it's
12 still breaking standard protocols left and right, it seems.
13
14 I have just configured my MTA to send bounces from their IP ranges to
15 /dev/null.
18 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
19 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
20 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
21 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.