From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge and binary packages
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2018 10:56:42
1 Am Samstag, 30. Juni 2018, 19:50:47 CEST schrieb Daniel Frey:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Some background: I run mythtv with a single backend and five frontends.
5 >
6 > For many, many years I've been using binpkg to help ease the compile
7 > pain on my Intel NUC Celeron-based frontends. I use distcc on one to
8 > compile all my packages and export /usr/portage/packages via nfs.
9 >
10 > I am wondering if it's possible to get emerge to mount
11 > /usr/portage/packages before actually emerging anything. I've been
12 > mounting that directory manually but once in a while I forget to.
13 >
14 > Dan
15
16 I don't know much about NFS, but... what about autofs? That would mount the
17 FS on first access, and AFAIK can unmount it after a period of inactivity.
18
19 HTH
20 --
21 Marc Joliet
22 --
23 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
24 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup