From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fire the fox.
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 15:38:36
1 On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Is it just me?  Or does Firefox get slower every release?  And less stable.
3
4 I haven't had any crashing or failing to start, but Firefox in Linux
5 has always been pretty bad in general for me. Slow UI, unusable in NX
6 (constant screen redraws; Thunderbird does the same thing), network
7 stalling for MINUTES at a time, slow to load, etc. Other browsers on
8 the same machine don't suffer any of these problems. I don't use
9 Firefox as my primary browser because it is so flaky.
10
11 At work I use Firefox in Windows XP all day long on a much slower
12 computer, and it is faster (UI responsiveness feeling, not benchmarks)
13 and has none of the problems I have always experienced on my home
14 Gentoo box. It's been a long-standing mystery.