From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ~amd64 - my experience so far...
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 18:31:05
1 On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > I'm not a gnome user but I can try this if you want (135 packages to
4 > emerge in my case), or if you have more specific info about which part
5 > doesn't build I can try only the specifics.
8 I went ahead and emerged gnome-base/gnome-2.28.2 while I was at lunch.
9 All packages emerged properly without any issues.
10
11 So the good news is there's nothing apparently wrong with ~amd64 in
12 general, and it's probably a configuration difference between my
13 system and yours, or maybe growing pains if you have still got some
14 packages at amd64 and some at ~amd64. If you'd like to compare set-ups
15 I'd be happy to try to help you get it sorted out (either on list or
16 in email).