From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: What the devil?!! [or Plasma teething problems Ia.]
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 15:16:50
1 On Wednesday, 26 June 2019 15:22:45 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Wednesday, 26 June 2019 11:20:20 BST Mick wrote:
3 > > I just looked at another installation. The default sddm configuration
4 > > file (/usr/share/sddm/sddm.conf.d/00default.conf) shows this:
5 > >
6 > > [General]
7 > > # Halt command
8 > > HaltCommand=/usr/bin/loginctl poweroff
9 > >
10 > > In an OpenRC system there is no loginctl. Consequently, unless we define
11 > > a
12 > > separate config in /etc/ to use shutdown (with sudo?) it won't work. This
13 > > systemd-ism may be worth a bug report.
14 >
15 > Here, it shows 'HaltCommand=/sbin/shutdown -h -P now'.
16
17 Where 'here' is ... where? :-)
18
19 Your own /etc/sddm/ configuration file, or the default installed under /usr/
20 share/sddm/sddm.conf.d/ ?
21
22 The sddm package no longer installs a config file in etc. The user may do so
23 if desired/required and modify it accordingly. However, the sample file
24 offered by sddm has the above mentioned incongruity in it, which means the
25 shutdown and reboot commands issued by its interface invariably do not work in
26 openrc and it seems the same applies to systemd.
27
28 I'll check a couple more of my installations here to see if they differ.
29 --
30 Regards,
31
32 Mick