From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] less file.html
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 07:17:45
1 On 13 May 2012, at 06:57, Paul Colquhoun wrote:
2 > …
3 >>>>> You can set LESSIGNORE='*.htm*'. This environment variable is used by
4 >>>>> the lesspipe command, which is invoked by less and filters the input
5 >>>>> file before giving it to less itself.
6 >>>>
7 >> …
8 >> I have here now:
9 >>
10 >> $ env | grep -i less
11 >> PAGER=/usr/bin/less
12 >> LESS=-R -M --shift 5
13 >> LESSOPEN=|lesspipe %s
14 >> LESSIGNORE=*.htm*
15 >> $
16 >
17 > …
18 >
19 > I would interpret the "don't do anything fancy" caveat on LESSIGNORE to mean
20 > that wildcards may not work. Some experimenting on my system shows me that
21 > this version seems to do what you want:
22 >
23 > LESSIGNORE="htm html"
24 >
25 > I don't normally have LESSOPEN set, so I havn't seen this situation before.
26
27 Blimey! Thank you! That's wonderful!
28
29 :D