From: Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ever since a recent update, vim misbehaves when run as root
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 13:44:25
1 On 07/29/2010 08:58 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > 2) If you really really need the X-integration features, you can use the
4 > "xhost" command to enable all users on your machine to run X apps on
5 > your X session. E.g. my machine is 192.168.123.249 so I ran...
6 >
7 > xhost +192.168.123.249
8 >
9 > ...to allow a 32-bit QEMU-KVM guest to run an X program on the 64-bit
10 > host's Xwindows session.
11
12 What you probably want here instead is:
13
14 xhost +local:
15
16 then the X app is not limited to using only IP but can choose whichever
17 transport it deems best. Of course the usual safety caveats apply. If
18 others are on your host, they'll have X access. If you're concerned
19 about that, then just give root permission:
20
21 xhost SI:localuser:root