From: THUFIR HAWAT <hawat.thufir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: copy xorg.conf from knoppix
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 17:41:15
1 On 8/9/06, THUFIR HAWAT <hawat.thufir@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 8/9/06, THUFIR HAWAT <hawat.thufir@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > When I type in, for instance, this window (gmail in firefox) the
4 > > screen flickers with each keystroke. Also, if I'm in the terminal
5 > > window, for gnome, and type, same thing.
6 > [...]
7 > > (IIRC the gentoo live CD didn't have this problem, but I might not
8 > > have noticed. If there's a problem with using the knoppix config I'll
9 > > try with the live cd...)
10 > [...]
11 >
12 > The Gentoo live CD also has this problem. However, it did seem to
13 > correctly identify my video card (SiS).
14 [...]
15
16 The knoppix CD seems to work fine, I'm in firefox, typing away at
17 gmail, with no lines/static on the screen :)
18
19 This is akin to "there's a noise in the car..." which is never present
20 for the mechanic.
23 -Thufir
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list