From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Tell kernel to use right graphic card
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 01:09:01
1 Hello,
2
3 I have here a setup with two graphic cards and two displays.
4 The radeon 3650HD has my monitor connected to it via VGA
5 The radeon 3200HD has my TV connected via HDMI
6
7 I use KMS and the open driver and X works with two seperated screens so far
8 (hope xrandr support for multiple gpu comes fast) but I have a problem with
9 the framebuffer/KMS console.
10
11 The output from my console shows only on the TV not my monitor.
12 I can see the BIOS messages and use GRUB but then the monitor gets blank and
13 it says "no signal". I can read and see everything fine on my TV.
14
15 After X starts all is perfect.
16
17 It seems that the kernel or KMS are preferring the card with the HDMI TV over
18 the card with my vga TFT monitor.
19
20 Is there a boot option or something to tell the kernel that it should use the
21 other card?
22
23 Greetings
24