From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: audio with TV crd
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 09:09:18
1 On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:18:48 +0100
2 Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na> wrote:
3
4 > On 22 July 2006 03:45, Nick Rout wrote:
5 >
6 > > When using "composite in" the sound should be coming in the "line in"
7 > >
8 > > However your driver may need to be switched to the right device, use
9 > > ivtvctl
10 > >
11 > > ivtvctl -A - lists the audio inputs
12 > > ivtvctl -Q - tells which one it is switched to now
13 > > ivtvctl -qn - switches to input n
14 >
15 > Hm...
16 > uwe@uwix ~ $ ivtvctl -A
17 > ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUMAUDIO
18 > Input : 0
19 > Name : Tuner 1
20 >
21 > Input : 1
22 > Name : Line In 1
23 >
24 > Input : 2
25 > Name : Line In 2
26 >
27 > There is only one Line IN socket. Anyway, I tried both with "iivtvctl -qn".
28 > Still no sound when doing "mplayer /dev/video0", and "mplayer tv://" gives me
29 > that damn ioctl error (see my other mail).
30 >
31 > Uwe
32
33 well I just learned something new:
34
35 nick@media:/var/log$ ivtvctl -Y
36 ioctl: VIDIOC_QUERYCTRL
37 Brightness = 383
38 Contrast = 63
39 Saturation = 63
40 Hue = 0
41 Volume = 58880
42 Mute = 0
45 So there are volume and mute controls that are configurable from ivtvctl, like this:
46
47 ivtvctl -y mute=1 (will mute the output - set -0 to unmute)
48 ivtvctl -y volume=integer.
49
50 The volume allegedly has a range of 0-65535
51
52 Check them out, the vol may be zeroed, or the mute set.
59 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list