From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems getting systemd to work
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 10:15:44
1 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 2:22 AM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > > Hi. I have been trying to get systemd to boot, but I have run into
5 > > several problems and need some help. I am using everything but /boot as
6 > > lvm's, with a separate user partition. I had to copy systemd to /sbin
7 > > because the initrd looks for the realinit too soon, but that is maybe
8 > > another matter.
9 >
10 > Moving systemd to /sbin sounds like it's not going to work. Run
11 > readelf -d /usr/lib/systemd/systemd; all the NEEDED libraries on
12 > /usr/lib should be available to the binary at the time it's being
13 > executed.
14
15 How can I do this, genkernel looks for its init before it mounts /usr
16 and genkernel-next will not mount the separate /usr at all. My latest
17 initrd is from the very latest genkernel.
18
19 But how to get a complete history of systemd actions in the order that
20 they are done, I thought the confirm_spawn would do this for me -- at
21 least for my initial debugging.
25 > How did you get your initramfs? dracut? genkernel? Roll your own?
26 >
27 > > I had set confirm_spawn=y in the kernel command line, but it only waits
28 > > a short time and then says assuming positive response and tries to
29 > > continue -- how can I get it to wait for me? Also, even so, it died on
30 > > mounting of my lvms, saying there was some kind of timeout and came to a
31 > > complete halt (maybe it was a shell, but no prompt) after all those
32 > > failed, so I could do nothing much. Openrc works fine, but I was trying
33 > > to get gnome to work, so I was trying to use systemd.
34 > >
35 > > It saved no logs (none I can find), but then again /var was not mounted.
36 > >
37 > > Any help with this would be appreciated.
38 >
39 > I use dracut for my initramfs; I would recommend you to try it.
40 > However, last time I tried to use it with LVM (a few days ago), the
41 > last version (037) failed, but 036-r4 worked perfectly.
42 >
43 > Regards.
44 > --
45 > Canek Peláez Valdés
46 > Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias
47 > Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
51 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
52 How do
53 you spend it?
54
55 John Covici