From: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Single click is interpreted as double click
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:38:46
1 Hello.
2
3 Yesterday, I upgraded to xorg-server 1.4 from 1.3. I also recompiled
4 all the x11-drivers packages, including xf86-input-mouse-1.2.3.
5
6 Today, I started Xorg 1.4 for the 1st time. When I now single click
7 something, the system seems to get a double click. Examples:
8
9 - In jedit, when I single click a word, the word is highlighted. This
10 should only happen, when a double click is done.
11 - In Nautilus, when I single click a folder, it is opened
12 - In Epiphany, when browsing for a file, I single clicked on a folder
13 in the "File Browse" dialog on the right hand side, where also the
14 files are displayed. The folder was opened right away. This should
15 not have happened.
16 - Firefox behaves just like Epiphany.
17
18 I uploaded my Xorg.conf to <http://pastebin.ca/855818>. I used the
19 exact same Xorg.conf with xorg-server-1.3, and there a single click
20 wasn't "misinterpreted".
21
22 Normally, I use Gnome with metacity as my window manager. But I also
23 tried a barebone twm setup, which misbehaves just like my normal
24 Gnome setup.
25
26 I'm using a very simple Dell branded Logitech Optical USB Mouse
27 via USB.
28
29 What might be broken there?
30