From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mythfrontend problems: no more keyboard, no window borders
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 18:29:32
1 I have to admit that I "touched a running system" again ;-)
2
3 My thinkpad runs gentoo linux x86, some unstable packages as well, I
4 upgraded to Gnome 2.28 a few days ago.
5
6 Yes, this could as well got to the mythtv-users-list but I assume the
7 problem isn't with mythtv ...
8
9 The symptoms:
10
11 When I start mythfrontend it opens but somehow "kills" the display of
12 the window borders ... the windowmanager seems to be hit somehow.
13
14 Alt-Tab doesn't work anymore, the mythfrontend doesn't react to my
15 keyboard, the mouse moves and selects but doesn't set the focus. When I
16 click a gnome-term-windows it doesn't come upfront.
17
18 ps -ef shows metacity running, I don't see any particular errors in the
19 usual places (/var/log/messages, Xorg.0.log, etc).
20
21 I reemerged xorg-server (1.6), xorg-drivers, rebuilt a fresh xorg.conf,
22 rebuilt mythtv etc etc
23
24 AND: Starting OpenOffice shows similar effects! Window border disappears
25 etc.
26
27 I assume this might have to do with qt somehow?
28
29 There were quite some qt-related updates as well done ...
30
31 I do perfectly understand that using unstable packages *could* lead to
32 such a situation.
33
34 My q is just: Has anyone here seen this as well?
35 Any hint on what path to follow? Downgrade ... ?
36
37 Thanks in advance for any help ... Stefan