From: Jonathan Wright <mail@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Annoying email from dcron
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:19:08
1 Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > I was having some problems with dcron randomly shutting down. I
3 > remerged dcron this afternoon and it's running just fine except that I
4 > get this annoying email every few minutes:
5 >
6 > unable to create /var/spool/cron/crontabs/michael.new: File exists
9 > The problem is that I can't delete the file because it doesn't actually
10 > exist.
11 >
12 > How do I get rid of this annoying error?
13
14 Out of interest - have you tried creating the file, possibly with dcron
15 permissions? Sound's like a badly written error message.
18 Jonathan Wright
19 ~ mail@×××××××××.uk
20 ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
21 --
22 2.6.14-gentoo-r2-djnauk-b1 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+
23 up 13 days, 23:41, 2 users, load average: 0.17, 0.23, 0.17
24 --
25 cat /dev/random (because u never know, u may see something u like)
26 --
27 "What are you trying to protect heterosexual marriages from? There
28 isn't a limited amount of love in Iowa. It isn't a non-renewable
29 resource. If Amy and Barbara or Mike and Steve love each other, it
30 doesn't mean that John and Mary can't."
31
32 ~ Ed Fallon
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list