From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gentoo robot vacuum
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2019 00:13:22
Gentoo community,

Robotic vacuum cleaners are all the rage nowadays.
I'd like to buy/build one, that also has remote camera (so I can see
what troubles it is having by reviewing stored video) find it easy, and
make sure it's not just banging against the wall. I'm not so interested
in a slick, massively miniturized model, as much as I am
something where I can get to the firmware, or is completely open
sourced; so I can fix/enhance the thing.
If it's already done, then my searches have missed it, or a community
work on such linux centric solutions to automating home/small-office
flooring.

Anyone know of such a robotic vacuum that is basically very open, if not
completely open source?

Gentoo friendly vaccuum?

Lawnmower is next on the list.

All suggestions and comments are most welcome.

James