From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: two NICs -> kernel crash ?
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 01:02:07
1 On 03/06/2012 02:08 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > on my HP625 I run a bleeding edge Gentoo (kernel 3.3-rc6).
5 >
6 > If the notebook is connected by an ethernet cable, the net comes up
7 > just fine.
8 >
9 > If I disconnect it from ethernet and start net.wlan0, the WLAN comes
10 > up just fine.
11 >
12 > BUT, if it's connect to ethernet, and net.eth0 has been started, the
13 > kernel crashes badly (i.e. no SysRq anymore) if I start net.wlan0 in
14 > addition.
15 >
16 > Is this a configuration error by me or a kernel bug. The WLAN card is
17 > a Broadcom BCM4313 with the BRCMSMAC driver.
18
19 Well, this is just my non-expert opinion, but I feel that any knob
20 that can be twiddled by a user should never crash the kernel, ever.
21 However, the kernel devs might agree with my wife about my opinions ;)
22
23 Do kernels from the stable branch also crash?