From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Konqueror crashes with latest flash
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:33:58
1 On Tuesday 15 January 2008, Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Mick writes:
3
4 > > Rebuilding flash, nspluginviewer and konqueror has not fixed this,
5 > > neither has revdep-rebuild. Any ideas?
6 >
7 > After upgrading to netscape-flash-9.0.115.0, I had similar problems,
8 > although I did not start konqueror on the command line to see the error
9 > messages. I got a segmentation fault on nearly every page with flash,
10 > althogh the browser itself did not crash most of the times.
11 >
12 > The forum has also some threads about it, with problems also with firefox
13 > or opera. The bug is reported as #204980.
14 >
15 > I downgraded back to 9.0.48.0-r1, and all is fine. Except for the big
16 > security problems this involves... One suggestion I read about is to use
17 > kmplayer for flash, but I'm too lazy to do so.
18
19 Thanks for letting me know - good to know it's not something borked just with
20 my setup.
21 --
22 Regards,
23 Mick