From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Opera 10.10 says I've got Java?
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 07:18:40
1 On Thursday 26 November 2009 23:25:56 Håkon Alstadheim wrote:
2 > Mick skrev:
3 > > Version information
4 > >
5 > > Version 10.10
6 > > Build 4742
7 > > Platform Linux
8 > > System i686, 2.6.30-gentoo-r8
9 > > Qt library 4.5.3
10 > > Java Java Runtime Environment installed
11 > >
12 > > However, for all I know I do not have anything Java installed and
13 > > about:plugins does not show Java either. Is this worth reporting as bug?
14 >
15 > Opera does not run java as a plugin, you point opera directly at the
16 > jre. Find the setting grouped somewhere under "web contents".
17
18 Thanks, Java is shown as disabled under Preferences/Contents. Either way this
19 is what I expected since I do not have Java on my machine. The oddity is that
20 the about page reports JRE as installed.
21 --
22 Regards,
23 Mick