From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] udev-140
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 19:21:30
1 A quick heads-up if you upgrade to the latest udev in portage.
2
3 Don't do what I did and postpone the etc-update step till later, forget about
4 it in the rush of trying to get work done, and then need to reboot. When the
5 machine boots, sysfs does not mount, the proc init script fails and everything
6 thereafter fails.
7
8 I suppose it's possible to boot into single user mode and manually edit the
9 files in /etc. But in my case it was not at all obvious that this was what I
10 had to do.
11
12 I had to boot off a rescue USB stick and chroot to see what was happening.
15 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com