From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Simplest NTP client for standalone system?
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 19:36:40
1 On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 3:25 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >>
4 >> If there were some kind of trade-off I'd see the argument, but the
5 >> worst case here is just that they may or may not need it. For
6 >> something with some benefit and almost no drawback that seems like a
7 >> wrong reason to avoid LVM.
10 > Sure, it may help a very tiny percentage of people but I suspect it will
11 > be tiny. Mostly, for the same reasons I pointed out in another reply on
12 > this thread.
15 IMO the important question isn't how many it helps, but how many it hurts.
16
17 If it helps a tiny number, and it hurts none, then it is a worthwhile default.
20 Rich