From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] layman: could not connect to server
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 11:29:13
1 On 28 Mar, Mike Kazantsev wrote:
2 > On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 22:53:00 +0100
3 > Nicolai Beuermann <Nicolai.Beuermann@×××.de> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Polipo is running but there's nothing changing when it's stopped.
6 >> I'm on a NATted LAN behind a router without any firewall running on this host.
7 >
8 > So far (in this thread) I've seen svn fail when it's started by layman,
9 > prehaps you should try starting it directly, like this:
10 >
11 > cd /tmp && \
12 > svn co http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/proj/vmware/trunk vmware_overlay
13 >
14 > If it fails as well (I guess it should) and wget of the same http
15 > address works, it certainly must be a bug in svn.
16 >
17 > 'strace -f svn co ...' might help to see which particular operation
18 > fails - might be it's not http access, but something totally unrelated,
19 > like forking a child 'getter' process due to some limit.
20 >
21 > You might also consider simply downgrading / updating svn, since no
22 > matter what kind of bug there is, it might not manifest itself in other
23 > versions.
26 I have the same problem on an x86 machine while on an amd64 with the
27 same configuration (IMHO) it's working just fine.
28 On the broken machine, svn co svn://... works fine whereas
29 svn co http:// or svn co https:// shows the strange error starting
30 with
31 svn: OPTIONS of http://
34 Helmut Jarausch