From: Quag7 <coldfront@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] missing 15GB of hard disk space
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:24:50
2 > freed up, and was astonished to find that i had not gained
3 > more free
4 > space, but lost some! i was intreged to i took a look arround,
5 > and found
6 > that the space i was using on the reiserfs partition was the
7 > wrong size,
8 > detales are as follows:
9
10 I've never used reiserfs and this may be obvious, but I'll throw it out
11 in case its not - this doesn't have anything to do with the "reserved
12 space for the root user," does it? When I go to create the filesystem
13 for ext3, I have to manually specify not to reserve 5% of the disk space
14 per filesystem for the "root user" - this is, I take it, to keep the
15 system bootable and the file system accessible in the event that, say, a
16 runaway log issue should fill it up.
17
18 May have nothing to do with your problem but I figure I'd mention it
19 just in case.
22 Quag7 <coldfront@××××××××××××.com>
23 http://www.computerrooms.org
24 Photographs of the edge of the internet...
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list