From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerging with distcc: What's taking so long?
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 20:38:26
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On Tue, 05 Jan 2016 18:41:25 +0100, lee wrote:
4 >
5 >> > Try Neil's suggestion of using a chroot and NFS exporting. I use it
6 >> > here to good effect.
7 >>
8 >> I must be missing his posting?
9 >
10 > It's in the "QEMU/distcc combination question" thread, among other places.
11
12 Thanks, I'll take a look at that.
13
14 >> Of course, I installed the client no-multilib and found that gnome
15 >> cannot be installed on no-multilib, so I had to reinstall. Then I
16 >> decided to use KDE because I don't want systemd, and installing gnome
17 >> without it is a PITA.
18 >>
19 >> However, I don't see why gnome --- or anything else --- should require
20 >> multilib. It's not like I'd want to run anything 32bit.
21 >
22 > What about things like flash plugins? Those are often wanted on desktops
23 > and need multilib.
24
25 Flash sucks, and fortunately, it's dead.
26
27 Last time I looked, years ago, there was a 64bit version and it was
28 announced that no new versions will be published.
31 64bit should be the default for all profiles, with the option to add
32 32bit support in case you need it. Which parts of gnome, kde or another
33 IDE don't compile as 64bit?