From: Christian Groessler <chris@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I get rid of colors (console and xterm)?
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2019 19:26:11
1 Thanks Ralph.
2
3 In the meanwhile I had found out the "NOCOLORS" setting in make.conf
4 which works for "emerge".
5
6 man pages in color are the other most important problem right now. I
7 will check out your suggestion.
8
9 regards,
10 chris
11
12 On 7/4/19 9:19 PM, Ralph Seichter wrote:
13 > * Christian Groessler:
14 >
15 >> My question is how do I get rid of colors in "emerge", "man" and other
16 >> command line programs.
17 > The methods vary between command line tools. You can for example
18 > disable the 'manpager' USE flag for sys-apps/man-db. The manual page for
19 > emerge mentions different methods (search for "--color"). Depending on
20 > the terminal software you use, you might be able to select monochromatic
21 > colour profiles (iterm2 for macOS does support this).
22 >
23 > -Ralph