From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Getting problems with nVidia and OpenMosix kernel
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 15:28:48
1 Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales <raphael.melo21 <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > Hi there,
5 >
6 > I got a Gentoo box with two kernels, one is linux-2.6.12-gentoo-r9
7 > kernel sources and the other linux-2.4.30-openmosix-r3. On the 2.6
8 > kernel, the nvidia driver works fine. But on the OpenMosix version,
9 > whenever I try to start X, it crashes, and in the log, there are no
10 > error messages.
11 > All I get is:
12 > (II) Initializing extension GLX
13 >
14 > *** If unresolved symbols were reported above, they might not
15 > *** be the reason for the server aborting.
16 >
17 > Fatal server error:
18 > Caught signal 11. Server aborting
19 >
20 > cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep EE returns nothing.
21
22 Well, an intel based portable with a radeon 9000 was working fine
23 with a 2.6.12-gentoo-r9 kernel until this morning. X(kdm) would
24 not start. I logged in (console) and entered 'startx' and got something
25 very strange that may be related to other xorg problems:
26
27 First I had to comment out the { Load "speedo" } line, then the next
28 problem was:
29
30 'Symbol drmGetClient from module
31 /usr/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o is unresolved'
32
33 I also get:
34 (**) Keyboard1: CustomKeycodes disabled
35 (WW) No core pointer registered
36 (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Keyboard1" (type: KEYBOARD)
37 No core pointer
38
39 Fatal server error:
40 failed to initialize core devices