From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Radeon navi cards and opencl
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 11:12:21
1 On Wednesday, 1 September 2021 23:28:46 BST antlists wrote:
2 > On 01/09/2021 00:30, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > The thing is, there's already an ebuild for dev-libs/amdgpu-pro-opencl,
4 > > but since I upgraded the display card the resulting code hasn't worked.
5 > > BOINC reports 'No usable GPUs found' and sources on the Web say that
6 > > neither of the two drivers works. Impasse.
7 > >
8 > > Am I going to have to replace the old display card and write off the
9 > > expense? Looks like it.
10 >
11 > Have you got the appropriate microcode or whatever it is loaded into the
12 > kernel or modules?
13
14 Yes, that was the first step. Those web sources I mentioned are the reason I
15 don't expect to see any success.
18 Regards,
19 Peter.