From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gcc-4.2.2 compile failure
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 23:33:52
1 On 2007-10-15, Stuart Howard <stuart.g.howard@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > The error has been occurring for a week or so and my usual
4 > wait till it goes away approach does not seem to be working.
5 > Originally the error was called against a file with reference
6 > to fortran so I changed the use flag to - but no help as the
7 > result is as below.
8
9 Does it fail exactly the same way every time?
10
11 If not, you've probably got flakey RAM. Run memtest86
12 overnight (or at least for a few complete passes).
13
14 I can't believe that people (myself included) use non-ecc RAM.
15 I don't mind paying a little bit more for the RAM, but none of
16 the desktop-grade motherboards support ECC. If you want to use
17 ECC you've got to buy a motherboard clearly aimed at the server
18 market -- which mean a higher price and the wrong set of
19 features. :/
22 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Is it 1974? What's
23 at for SUPPER? Can I spend
24 visi.com my COLLEGE FUND in one
25 wild afternoon??
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list