From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Argh: No KMail after KDEPIM upgrade
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 22:04:53
1 On Monday 13 Jun 2011 20:01:58 Alex Schuster wrote:
2
3 > Anyway, KMail has a problem now. I get this error:
4 >
5 > KMail encountered a fatal error and will terminate now.
6 > The error was:
7 > Failed to fetch the resource collection.
8 >
9 > It seems to work if I do not close this notice box, I can browse mails
10 > in my IMAP folders. I can compose new mails, but when I save as draft,
11 > kmail crashes. Did not try other things yet.
12
13 Thanks for the heads up.
14
15 You may want to try pointing your calendar, contacts, notes, alarm, in your
16 SystemSettings/Personal Information to the files/directories that were
17 previously pointing to.
18
19 That's what I had to do here after the migration from kde3.5 to kde4 (but I'm
20 running sqlite3 instead of mysql on my desktop). A couple of updates borked
21 it and had to this again.
22
23 YMMV - please report back if this works.
24 --
25 Regards,
26 Mick