From: Duane Griffin <duaneg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Excessive processor usage
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 12:36:17
1 On 06/08/07, sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > There seems to be a lot of excessive processor usage and I am trying to
3 > track down why.
4 >
5 > Is anyone able to recommend the best way to track down what is causing
6 > the excess processor usage?
7 >
8 > I have not noticed anything using top.
9
10 You might want to look at sysstat for tracking system load:
11 app-admin/sysstat
12
13 Oprofile will track down exactly what is happening on your box (modulo
14 particularly clever root-kits). It requires kernel support and can be
15 a bit daunting, but is very powerful:
16 dev-util/oprofile
17
18 > Thanks
19 > Sean
20
21 Cheers,
22 Duane.
25 "I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list