From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] baselayout-2.0.0 surprises
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:03:14
1 Hi,
2
3 after upgrading to baselayout-2.0.0 ( and openrc ) I've got some
4 unpleasant surprises.
5 Is there an upgrade guide anywhere ?
6
7 Maybe some problems are causes by myself (accidently)
8
9 /etc/conf.d/rc seems to have gone (now /etc/rc.conf ?)
10
11 /etc/conf.d/net seems to have gone
12 this inhibited my network after reboot
13 Has it really gone or did I delete by accident ?
14 After I have replaced /etc/conf.d/net from a backup
15 the network came up on the next boot.
16
17 While the init scripts is running, I get the following
18 messages never seen before
19
20 - cruft in proc
21
22 - net.ppp0 not under our control, aborting
23 Fortunately it didn't abort my ppp connection
24 (otherwise there wouldn't been this email)
25
26 Are there more problems to be expected?
27
28 Many thanks for your help,
29
30 Helmut Jarausch