From: Peter Lewis <prlewis@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Simple Linux Router on a live CD?
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:27:23
1 On Wednesday 21 February 2007 13:54, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 20 February 2007 19:26:21 Peter Lewis wrote:
3 > > > The arrogance of these responses is astounding. Does anyone believe
4 > > > in civility any more?
5 >
6 > [SNIP]
7 >
8 > > Quite. I know very little about the topic which the OP was asking about,
9 > > Gentoo solutions or otherwise. I was merely defending the guy's right to
10 > > ask the question without being shot down for "being lazy".
11 >
12 > I really don't see how suggesting that the OP might be lazy is so arrogant.
13 > If it's not actually the case then he can just say so. Thus far he hasn't
14 > replied to any of the replies in this thread anyway and the original post
15 > contained so little information that I gave up on deciphering it. Even if
16 > it's a language issue he can just say that...
17
18 I don't really think that it's arrogant, as you put it, just not that helpful.
19
20 All I'm really saying is that it's good to try to maintain a friendly
21 atmostphere where people feel like they can post without feeling like they
22 might be acting too silly. Perhaps some people are lazy, perhaps some aren't,
23 but like another poster said, you can just ignore the post if you don't like
24 it.
25
26 I'm a big fan of the "there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers" way
27 of thinking. IMO this list should be as non-threatening for
28 people-who-want-to-find-out-stuff-they-don't-know as possible.
29
30 :-)
31
32 Pete.