From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE menu missing with new kernel
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:49:48
1 Am Montag, 21. September 2009 schrieb James:
2
3 > When I boot a newer kernel, either kernel-2.6.29-gentoo-r5
4 > or kernel-2.6.30-gentoo-r4 my kde [4] menu bar across the bottom
5 > of the screen is gone. I still get a few kconsole sessions
6 > that always start upon booting up, but all of the other kde
7 > tools seem to be missing or hidden.
8
9 I've had a similar issue when switching logins between KDE 4 and 3 regularly -
10 The menu went missing in 3 from time to time. As solution I was told to run
11 kbuildsycoca. In your case (for KDE4) you need to run kbuildsycoca4.
12 --
13 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
14 "Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy." (R. Heinlein)