From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gnome fails to install with error 2
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 02:36:10
1 On 03/23/2010 02:13 PM, David Mehler wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > I'm running gentoo and am trying to install gnome 2.26 i believe is
4 > the version. I get considerably far in to the process then the install
5 > dies with an error 2 at
6 > gnome-extras/gnome-user-docs-gnome-accessibility guide and as i say
7 > error 2. I'd like to correct this, suggestions appreciated.
8
9 Maybe someone can tell us what error 2 means, I don't know. In general,
10 when any package won't finish building the most import info is in the
11 build.log, in this particular instance, here:
12 /var/tmp/portage/gnome-extra/gnome-user-docs-2.26.2/temp/build.log
13
14 Look through that build.log for words like 'error' 'not found' 'denied'
15 and any others that imply failure,