From: "Sebastian Günther" <samson@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ctrl+c kills KOrganizer 4.2 when it should copy text
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 13:06:42
1 * Arttu V. (arttuv69@×××××.com) [06.02.09 13:37]:
2 > Hello,
5 > For example, KOrganizer edit menus still show shortcuts for copy,
6 > paste, etc as ctrl+something (ctrl+c for copy). However, when I'm
7 > adding a new event or todo and press ctrl+c to copy some text around
8 > -- boom, X closes itself and I'm back to the text console (I use
9 > startx from the text console, not graphical login screens).
12 Some application does not capture ctrl+c, which is normaly the interupt
13 shortcut in bash. So it surely is passed down to bash which intrupts
14 startx, since it is the active job.
15
16 I bet it won't happen with any Xsession started from any *dm.
17
18 If it's possible then please test this, anyway you should pinpoint down,
19 where else it is possible to kill your Xsession, so that you can file a
20 bugreport to the right people.
21
22 Sebastian
25 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. " Karl Marx
26
27 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER mailto:samson@××××××××××××××××.de