From: "Vladimir G. Ivanovic" <vgivanovic@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Saleem Abdulrasool <compnerd@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome-base/gnome-libs-1.4.2 masked?
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 17:54:18
1 On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 00:36 -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > Do you actually use them? If not, why do you care?
3
4 No and maybe. I don't use gtkdiff, so I obviously don't care, but a lot
5 of the packages contain libraries. I don't know if I use them or not. Is
6 there an automated way of dealing with the package removal of
7 gnome-libs? Or is every user expected to go through the list of package
8 dependencies (direct and indirect), examine them, and make a decision
9 for each package?
10
11 --- Vladimir
14 Vladimir G. Ivanovic <vgivanovic@×××××××.net>