From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc update 2.4 > 2.5 FAILED postinst causes everything to segfault
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 14:07:48
1 Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov ha scritto:
2 > Hi,
3 > Before I file this as a bug I'd like to make sure it's not caused by
4 > something wrong with my system. Please help me determine that.
5 > In the past two days I was trying to upgrade my glibc from version 2.4
6 > to 2.5. Each time I tried it the emerge process failed at the very
7 > last point - I think when the actual files were being installed into
8 > my system. Here is the relevant output:
9
10 Don't know if it's your system or a glibc bug (my upgrade went OK), but
11 anyway in the forums I found what seems to be a possible solution to
12 have a working system back (the poster had a similar, but not identical
13 problem):
14
15 "I downloaded the 2006.0 livecd, boot it, chroot into my system and had
16 the same issues with grep, sed, et al. (not able to emerge anything).
17 exited the chroot, built a binary of glibc-2.3.5 in the CD environment
18 (emerge -B sys-libs/glibc), moved it to my packages dir
19 (/mnt/gentoo/usr/portage/packages/{All,sys-libs}/glibc-2.3.5...whatever
20 it was), jumped back into the chroot, emerged the binary which worked
21 and now i'm in the process of rebuilding my system (emerge linux-headers
22 && emerge -e system && emerge -e ...). I'm taking the opportunity to
23 move to gcc 4.1 (already done) and am building a new binary for glibc
24 2.3.6-r3 just incase the emerge of 2.4 dies && blows things up again.
25 i'll report back here if and when it's working."
26
27 m.
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list