From: nunojsilva@×××××××.pt
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: dhcpd versus fixed IP addresses
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 10:25:56
1 On 2020-10-05, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, Oct 04, 2020 at 06:31:44PM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote
4 >
5 >> However, I would wait until the new modem arrives as most do allow
6 >> you to turn off DHCP for the LAN and the information you have may
7 >> only apply to the WAN connection.
8 >
9 > On their support board, the ISP's tech support told me...
10 >
11 > a) My computer or router needs to be configured to get the IP
12 > automatically by DHCP to get the connection up and running.
13
14 So the address your computer or router will get via the cable modem is a
15 WAN address?
18 Nuno Silva