From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Restart "frozen" X
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 08:12:38
1 On 26/02/13 at 08:18pm, Joseph wrote:
2 > I'm running Nvidia driver: 310.32 with my GeForce GTS 450 kernle-3.1.6
3 >
4 > but I've noticed it freezes my screen once a day or ever second day.
5 > Mouse is moving but no icon is responding, nor can I use the keyboard (all frozen).
6 >
7 > I can login to the system over ssh. I've tried to restart/zap "xdm" it doesn't help.
8 > What else can I do to restart "X"?
9 >
10 > --
11 > Joseph
12
13 You can try killing the process named /usr/bin/X. I was in a similar
14 situation once and this worked, don't know how safe it is.
18 - Yohan Pereira
19
20 The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
21 between a mermaid and a seal.
22 -- Mark Twain