From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fully-Defined-Domain-Name for nullmailer
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 12:31:58
1 On 4/13/22 11:53 AM, n952162 wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > What would this be for the 99% of all linux users who are connected to
5 > the internet via DSL?
6 >
7 > Is "localdomain" sufficient for nullmailer?  (I tried it, temporarily,
8 > in /etc/conf.d/hostname), but it didn't help.
9 >
10 > And, is there anyway that I can set it without putting it in my
11 > /etc/conf.d/hostname file?  That will require changes to any script that
12 > uses $(uname -n).
17 I discovered that if I set (apparently, both of ) these to some value,
18 that value will be used as the domain.
19
20 1. /etc/nullmailer/defaultname
21 2. /etc/nullmailer/me
22
23 That answers the second part of the question.
24
25 Unfortunately, I get a 550 from my network provider for all of these:
26
27 1. me
28 2. localdomain
29 3. net