From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from old udev to eudev
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 20:04:24
1 Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Ok, rehashing this, but please don't turn it into another udev vs
5 > systemd thread.
6 >
7 > I have an older server that I have been putting off this update,
8 > debating on whether to update to the regular udev, or to eudev.
9 >
10 > I've googled until my fingers are blue, but cannot for the life of me
11 > find any explicit instructions for *how* to switch from udev to eudev.
12 >
13 > The eudev project page is sparse, to say the least.
14 >
15 > Anyone?
19 I switched when it was still fresh and it wasn't to bad from what I
20 recall. Just emerge -C udev and emerge eudev. I think I masked udev to
21 make sure it didn't get pulled in any more by something else but other
22 than that, it just worked.
23
24 I would recommend going to boot runlevel and restarting udev after the
25 switch tho, just to be sure it restarts OK.
26
27 Oh, the init script is still called udev not eudev.
28
29 Dale
30
34 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!